Project Management Video Learning – Self-directed project management training using 100’s of practical “How To” videos and videos of PMs managing projects correctly.
Subscribe for $150/year 303-596-0000
What You Get
- PDUs for PMP Recertification
- 100’s of “How To” project management videos
- Project management best practices lectures
- 100’s of articles on tools and techniques
The videos give you expert commentary that pin-point the best practices for managing projects. The searchable data base also has reference articles. You get the entire learning library of videos, articles and lectures available for self-study. Subscribe for $150/annually
- Project Basics course with 9 hours of lectures & Project Managers in Action videos. Includes modules on: Scope, Requirements Gathering, Project Charter, MS Project Software, WBS, Sequencing, Optimization, Conflict Management, Tracking and Status Reporting.
- Advanced courses in Risk Management, Stakeholder Management, Estimating, Optimizing, Strategic Planning
- 44 Real World Video Discussions of the best practices in project management by Dick Billows, PMP
- Deep dive into the data base for articles and videos on project techniques including lectures and project manager in action videos of PMs and teams doing 43 best practices.
Real World Projects: Feasibility & Assessment
Meet Dick Billows, PMP, GCA high in the Rocky Mountains above Vail Colorado. Watch him discuss initiating a project and developing a feasibility study to earn support from management.
PM Teaches a Team To Do 3-Point Estimating
Watch an experienced project manager guide her team through the three-point estimating process. She teaches each of them how to develop their own estimates. But the sponsor walks in and criticizes the process. The project manager defends it, explaining how the project benefits from realistic estimates with team member commitment. Finally in private interviews, you see the reaction of the team members to the three-point estimating process.
Fixing a Problem Project Team
An experienced project manager inherits a dysfunctional project team from his recently terminated predecessor. Visual learners watch the project manager use techniques for turning the team around.
Define the Project Scope: Working with a Difficult Sponsor
An experienced project manager takes on a new project assignment for a client. He uses best practices techniques to define the scope of the work with the executive who is sponsoring the project.
Project Duration: Handling Requests to Finish Sooner
Watch the project manager use typical (ineffective) techniques to try and resist the request to finish sooner. The result is not good. Then see the same project manager use best practices techniques and design a better solution to the issue.
Foundations of Project Management
Two experienced project managers teach a new project manager how to start a project. They also explain how to work with the team members and managers who are affected by the project (stakeholders).
Video Learning Teaches You to Build a WBS in MS Project Software
Watch the click-by-click process of entering your tasks and deliverables in Microsoft Project software. Watch how to sequence them so they are done in the right order. Then see how to assign resources to the tasks and generate their duration as well as the duration of the entire project.
Real World Project Management: Initiation & Feasibility Study by Dick Billows, PMP, GCA
Visual Learners easily master leading teams and projects through video learning. That’s why we created our archive of Project Manager in Action videos with our 4PM.com cast over the past 12 years. Theses hundreds of videos teach practical “how to do it” techniques which you learn by watching teams and project leaders use them. You get the entire video learning library of videos, articles and related lectures available for self-study. (NOT for PMP, CAPM, PRINCE2, Gartner IT Certifications or 4pm.com certifications).